March 8, 2022
Opportunity for a junior receptionist to join a lovely 4 star country hotel
The Cotswolds Lodge is an upmarket 4* boutique hotel in the heart of English countryside. Our hotel offers guests a luxury experience to the highest standard. The Cotswolds Lodge is family run and has been operating since 1980. We look forward to you joining our wonderful staff family!
- To ensure that all guests are welcomed to the hotel and that they are registered according to the law and to the hotel’s requirements and standards.
- To deal with any guest queries or problems during their stay and ensure that they are being looked after.
- To assist and communicate with all departments ensuring a smooth stay for guests.
- To be able to deal with all reservation queries, adhering to correct selling procedures and rates in order to maximise yields.
- To ensure that they are aware of all promotions and facilities available in the hotel and that these are sold at every opportunity.
- To ensure that all reports are printed and checked thoroughly, to include rate check, credit check, trace reports and room discrepancy amongst others.
- Preparing all bills and accounts for guests departing ensuring that all ledger bills are set up correctly and attached to relevant correspondence and that credit card receipts are signed.
- To make sure that all registration cards are updated and filed in the correct place.·To ensure that all daily, weekly, and monthly filing of registration cards and correspondence is completed.
- To ensure all daily tasks are completed correctly and to the required standards set by the reception manager.
- To lease with all members of the Front Office team to ensure a happy working environment for everybody.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Experience as a Receptionist in a 4-5 star hotel
- Excellent command of the English language
- Sales skills, ability to up-sell
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days leave
- Growth potential in this family run hotel group
Staff housing/accommodation is included at a starting weekly rate of £70pw, this will be taken out of your monthly pay check. No formal tenancy agreement necessary as the housing is owned by the hotel. Private rooms are available as well as shared rooms. Further information on housing will be shared with you on application. Note that The Cotswolds Lodge has been Staffpad Verified!